When a person suffers anxiety you should always try to find that remedy that helps you the most, with the advice of an expert who guides you from the individual variables of the case. Anxiety can be aggravated in its intensity and in its effects of discomfort when the initial symptoms are not attended to in time.
There are therapeutic antidotes that are natural remedies by means of which the person can develop new resources and tools to prevent anxiety or to manage it. Through numerous studies, it has been shown that yoga helps reduce anxiety levels and can be a very beneficial practice. In HealthProTips we reflect on this topic. Do you want to know more about the practice of yoga for anxiety: benefits and exercises? Below, you can find information about it.
Benefits of yoga for anxiety
In this section we list benefits of yoga to calm nerves and anxiety:
1. Mind and body care
Yoga is a discipline with a holistic approach that through its methodology promotes the integral harmony of the human being. Through a routine of physical exercise, you can not only take care of your physical well-being but also your state of mind.
2. Yoga for all ages
Anxiety can affect people of different ages and, in turn, yoga is also a recommended discipline for men and women.
3. Reinforcement of a lifestyle
Yoga can become a philosophy of life for those who find in this formula a common thread of their routine through the promotion of spaces of conscious presence, the search for calmness and self-care. In addition, it is not necessary to practice it only when you have anxiety, we can also do yoga as a preventive psychology .
4. Autonomy in the practice of yoga
One of the advantages of this type of routine is that you can exercise your yoga exercises wherever you are. This means that you can maintain your consistency in your training even if you are traveling for business reasons.
5. Control of breathing
By placing your attention on the breath you connect with your being. And breathing is a vital center of the human being, therefore, yoga increases the level of well-being and endows the person with resources that allow him to adopt an active attitude in his own care. If you want to know more about this benefit, you can read this article about breathing exercises to calm anxiety .
Yoga exercises for anxiety
You can find information about yoga courses taught in your place of residence to learn practical exercises:
- Yoga in nature. The natural environment offers you during the months marked by a pleasant temperature a space of freedom and fullness to connect with the present in a medium as nutritious as the green landscape.
- Yoga asana. The postures practiced in yoga are called asana. These postures reinforce the body and mind connection. One of the books published on this subject is “Yoga, a lifestyle”.
- Rebirthing. The breath is part of you. But how many times are you really aware of it? You can perform the exercise of dedicating a few minutes a day to breathe consciously by putting your attention to this end.
- Mantras You can strengthen your psychological well-being through the repetition of a message that transmits calm and inner peace.
Four possible yoga errors for anxiety
Finally, in this article on yoga to calm anxiety: benefits and exercises, let’s talk about the mistakes we can make in this practice: What are the failures that you can experience in this field?
- To believe in the immediate effects of yoga for anxiety means not to value the importance of habit as a horizon of change. Therefore, the constancy and continuity in the realization of this routine is crucial to develop new resources, tools and skills.
- Disconnect the middle of the end. If the main motivation for which you have begun to perform yoga is your desire to reduce anxiety, it is advisable that you remember more frequently the connection of means in relation to the purpose that the practice of this exercise has for you.
- Compare your process with that of other people. Maybe when you start practicing yoga you will discover that this discipline bores you or you do not like it. Do not compare your evolution with that of other people in your environment who also practice yoga exercises. Do not jump to conclusions, take your time to listen to your body, your mind and your sensations.
- Observe yoga in a reductionist way when you can see the potential of this discipline in its integral perspective as a way to be present in the now. And yet, beyond the benefits of yoga, it should be remembered that this remedy does not replace psychological therapy when the patient needs this support. In that case, yoga can be a complement. But always consulting previously the opinion of the expert.
In addition to that, you should also take care of yourself through a healthy diet, a quality rest, moments of friendship and stress reduction.
This article is purely informative, in HealthProTips we do not have the faculty to make a diagnosis or recommend a treatment. We invite you to go to a psychologist to treat your particular case.