The carrot is a very complete vegetable because it is rich in many vitamins, minerals and fibers and this is one reason why many people choose to drink carrot juice on an empty stomach, because this way the body benefits from all its contribution nutritional Some properties of the carrot are well known, for example, its contribution to keeping the sight in good condition. However, other benefits are less popular, as is the case with their properties to help lose weight. To benefit from all its properties, the carrot can be consumed in many ways. One of the easiest ways is to drink it in juice because, in addition, it can be mixed with other fruits and vegetables to provide the organism with greater well-being.
From HealthProTips, we will explain what carrot juice and its benefits are for you to know them and also know the different options to take it. We already anticipate that, surely, its multiple beneficial effects will surprise you.
As we mentioned at the beginning, the properties of the carrot are multiple. In fact, it may be one of the most complete vegetables that can be eaten and included in the daily diet. But, what are the nutrients of the carrot that endow it, precisely, with so many properties? These are the main ones:
- Alpha carotene
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
Properties and benefits of carrot juice
For all these nutritional contributions, the carrot can be defined practically as a “super food” with multiple benefits for the human body, the best known being the sight related to the vitamin A content, which protects it, as well as helping to avoid or prevent blindness. But, in addition, carrot juice has the following properties and benefits:
- Rejuvenating:vitamin A is an excellent antioxidant, which helps the skin is younger and delayed the appearance of the signs of aging. An effect that is also felt in the hair. In this other post, we talk more about the Benefits of the carrot for the skin.
- Antitumor:thanks to its composition, especially if they come from organic farming in which pesticides and aggressive chemical fertilizers are not used, the carrot can help prevent the appearance of tumors and, therefore, can reduce the chances of cancer.
- Strengthener:the nutrients of the carrot juice help strengthen the bones, especially the teeth and their enamel, in addition to the gums. Besides, it makes it difficult for cavities to appear. However, in general, it strengthens the entire immune system.
- Diuretic:due to the water content of the carrot, it helps to avoid the retention of liquids by facilitating drainage, purification and purification of the organism. Consequently, it helps to lose weight and lose volume in the event that the extra kilos are related to fluid retention.
- Digestive:the fiber that contains the carrot favors the digestion and avoids the constipation.
- Energizing:potassium and phosphorus are two nutrients of the carrot that provide energy to the body, making people feel less tired.
- Regulator:the carrot can help regulate the blood sugar level. However, in this case, it is a food that must always be consumed under medical recommendation because, depending on how it is consumed and cooked, the glycemic index increases. This may not be advised in diabetics or people who want to lose weight.
How to make carrot juice – easy recipe
The juice or carrot smoothie is a very simple drink to make. In addition, to make carrot juice, you only need carrots, if possible that are organic production for being healthier, and a little water. Once you have the ingredients, take note:
Steps to make carrot juice
- Wash the carrots well.
- Peel them if there is any more dirty or imperfect area. If this is not the case, you can use them whole to take advantage of all the properties of the carrot. Do not forget to eliminate the roots. Of course, if you buy those that carry the green stem, you have to cut it well, because we are only interested in the carrot itself.
- Take the blender and add a little water.
- Add chopped carrots and livers to mix everything well.
Other carrot juices and their benefits
Apart from taking this juice, you can also prepare other combinations with other fruits that increase the nutrients of the carrot. Also, the process is the same as making the carrot juice, having to add the other food also to the blender.
The options of combinations to take juice of carrot in fasting (it is the most indicated to drink it at that time of the day) are varied, but some of the most beneficial are:
- Carrot and apple juice: itis a perfect formula to help lose weight without losing nutritional intake because they mix a vegetable and a fruit that are the most complete. This juice favors the elimination of toxins and prevents the retention of liquids, in addition to promoting intestinal transit. Therefore, in a COMO we also talk about carrot and apple juice to have a flat stomach and lose weight.
- Carrot and lemon juice:one of the main benefits of carrot and lemon juice is that it helps to lose weight because it is depurative, as well as favoring the burning of fats and ending liquid retention. Therefore, it also helps reduce abdominal swelling. It is a combination with properties of carrot and lemon, which is also beneficial for beauty, as it strengthens hair and nails.
- Carrot and orange juice: inaddition to helping eliminate toxins, it is a cocktail rich in antioxidant vitamins, which are beneficial in slowing the signs of aging.
- Carrot and beetjuice: this juice is very beneficial for the digestive system because it combats constipation and promotes proper intestinal transit, preventing toxins and waste from accumulating in the body that result in increased body fat.
- Carrot and celery juice:between the properties of carrot and celery juice we find that it is very diuretic, especially because of the contribution of celery, which helps to avoid the retention of liquids and their elimination.