Would you like to lose a few kilos more quickly? In addition to eating a diet low in calories and doing some exercise every day to achieve weight loss, there are also home remedies that due to their nutritional composition can accelerate weight loss. Although we can find different natural preparations to lose weight more quickly, today we will talk about one of the most effective: water with lemon.
Lemon is a fruit that, mainly due to its diuretic effect and fat burning, is used in many diets to lose weight quickly. Continue reading this article from HealthProTips to discover more about water with lemon to lose weight: when and how to take it.
Water with lemon to lose weight: properties
The lemon is a fruit that is extracted from the lemon tree, a perennial tree of the family of the Rutaceae that is usually cultivated in the gardens or orchards of different Mediterranean regions. This fruit is well known for its richness in vitamins such as C, but also for its nutrients, as it contains acids (citric, malic and caffeic), minerals (potassium, calcium and magnesium), pectin, carbohydrates, flavonoids and essential oils.
Due to this nutritional wealth, water with lemon has the following properties:
- Diuretic properties: thanks to its richness in citric acid and the water that is added, this home remedy has a diuretic effect that favors the elimination of accumulated toxins in our body, which influences the weight.
- Satiety properties: lemon contains a high content of pectin, a soluble fiber that swells in our stomach when it comes in contact with water. Because of this, water with lemon helps you reduce your appetite by increasing the feeling of fullness.
- Digestive properties: the lemon to thin the abdomen is also a good option, because thanks to its composition favors the production of gastric juices in our stomach, which causes food to decompose more easily. Thanks to this, lemon improves digestion and avoids some problems that hinder weight loss: abdominal swelling, gas or acidity, etc.
- Fat burning properties: this fruit is very rich in flavonoids, metabolites that give it the ability to remove fat from our blood. In addition, lemon accelerates our metabolism, which is why we can burn more calories than normal.
How to make lemon water to lose weight
As we have seen, water with lemon is an excellent natural preparation to lose a few extra kilos as long as we accompany it with a balanced diet and daily exercise. But do you know how this homemade remedy is prepared? Here are two methods to make water with lemon to lose weight:
- Heat 1 glass of mineral water and then allow it to cool until the liquid is warm.
- Once you have the warm water prepared, cut 1 lemon in half and squeeze one of its parts into the liquid. It is preferable that the lemon is a bit ripe, as this way you can squeeze much more juice from inside.
- Remove the mixture so that the juice dilutes well in the water and the water will be ready with lemon to lose weight.
- Grab a lemon and cut it whole into slices.
- Add cold water and the slices of lemon you have cut into a jar.
- Let the slices rest a few hours before consuming the water with lemon.
How to drink water with lemon to lose weight
Next, we explain when and how to drink water with lemon according to the recipe you have chosen from the previous section:
- In case you have chosen the first recipe, you will have to drink a glass of water with lemon on an empty stomach, about 30 minutes before breakfast. It is important that, in addition to using warm water, also take the preparation as soon as you have squeezed the lemon without waiting.
- In the case of the second recipe, you can go drinking glasses of water with lemon throughout the day. However, to promote weight loss it is advisable to take 3 glasses of this preparation daily(one glass before each main meal).
Contraindications of water with lemon
Although water with lemon is a very beneficial remedy for our health, it can also be harmful in some cases. Here we list the contraindications of water with lemon:
- Stomach ulcers: citric acid can make your condition worse if you suffer from this problem.
- Gastritis: the symptoms of gastritis can be aggravated with this remedy, so avoid eating it if it is your case.
- Dental sensitivity: the lemon could cause more damage to the tooth enamel.
- Anemia: this natural mixture should also be avoided in case you have a lack of other minerals such as calcium.
- Rheumatic diseases: it is also contraindicated if you suffer from osteoporosis or other arthritic diseases.
- Inflammation of the prostate: the symptoms of this condition can worsen with water with lemon, so do not consume this natural brew if you suffer from prostate problems.