Exercise and improve your memory with these simple and practical tips that you can apply in your day today.
Do you forget things often? Are you studying and find it increasingly difficult to retain information? We tell you how to improve or strengthen your memory easily.
Memory is a very useful mental function in all areas of life. It is responsible for storing and remembering the experiences lived to avoid repeating the same mistakes.
But, did you know that human beings have a much greater memory than they use daily? You just have to learn to develop it and work it to obtain great benefits in the social, labor or academic field.
In addition, there are other factors such as stress, depression or degenerative processes such as Alzheimer’s that directly affect memory. To prevent the passing of the years affect the mental abilities or simply to train the memory to reinforce it, we give you these easy and effective tips:
1. Sleep well
Resting well has numerous benefits on memory and learning ability. Experts recommend sleeping an average of 7-8 hours a day.
If you do not rest enough, you will find yourself very tired during the day and brain agility will also be diminished. Therefore, the main thing to enjoy a good memory is to have the rest needs covered.
The exercise increases the amount of oxygen reaching the brain, especially the cardio (running, cycling or swimming). Reduces stress and the possibility of suffering from cardiovascular diseases or diabetes.
In addition, all coordination exercises directly improve brain function. The idea is to play sports in the morning so that you can benefit during the day from that brain agility and be able to apply it to daily tasks. For example, at work or university.
3. Reduce stress levels
The stress plaguing more and more strongly to today’s society. Work, home, children … Sometimes, there is no time for anything. The rush, stress, and anxiety affect the mood and cognitive abilities. Consequently, it is totally normal to feel more tired, without strength or that it costs to perform tasks that involve an effort.
Here are some tricks that can help you reduce your stress level and deal with life more calmly:
- Set realistic goals. Posing impossible objectives only ends up generating more stress and anxiety. Go every day and think about realistic short-term goals.
- Do not do more than one thing at a time. Focus on the task you are doing at that moment and do not try to do everything at once.
- Avoid leaving things for the last moment. If you leave everything for the last hour, the quality of the work will be much worse and you will be on constant alert for fear that you do not have time to finish the task within the established time. Get organized and dedicate the necessary time to each activity; No hurry and no hassles!
- Meditate or practice relaxing activities such as yoga. They will help you relax and be at peace with yourself.
- Take things slowly. It is useless to put yourself in the worst possible situation. Most of the time the things that happen to us end up not being as terrible as we imagine. Try to relax and think things through calmly: is it really so terrible? What can I do to solve it?