Few of us know that the field of application of beets is quite extensive.
Do you know that beets can be used to prepare a large number of different natural remedies for the treatment of diseases and promote health? This root vegetable not only serves to prepare borscht and salads. As for cooking, beets are used for cooking various dishes.
Beets belong to the subfamily of the mammals, which includes about 1400 different plants. Most of them grow in coastal areas and other warm regions. The homeland of beets is Europe.
Beetroot is a root crop, whose root is used for eating. It can be eaten raw or cooked. As for the beneficial properties of this product, raw beets bring more health benefits than cooked beets. When cooking, it is recommended to cook the beets together with the peel, removing it only after the root crop is ready. In addition, it is ideal for preparing salads and juices.
The color of the beet can be different: from reddish to burgundy. Beetroot tops can also be eaten, its taste resembles spinach.
Natural pigment beets are used as a dye for ice cream, cocktails, soups and even some alcoholic beverages. The red color of the beet is pleasant to our eyes and stimulates the appetite.
How is the beetroot useful?
- The components of this root stimulate the production of nitric acid in the stomach, which helps reduce blood pressure.
- The high content of folate and folic acid helps to avoid anomalies in the fetus and reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- The beet contains a large amount of soluble and insoluble fiber.
- It is low in calories, most of the composition of beets is carbohydrates and water.
- It is a natural laxative, protecting us from the appearance of constipation.
- Thanks to the high content of potassium, this root is considered a diuretic.
- A low amount of sodium in the beet makes it a good tool to combat fluid retention.
Natural products from beets
A high amount of antioxidants in the beetroot improves blood circulation . As for the natural remedies from this root, we recommend that you prepare this recipe.
- 3 medium-sized beets
- 1 cup of mineral water (250 ml.)
- Wash the beets well, cut them into small pieces and put them in a blender. Add mineral water and mix. You will have beet juice. That’s all!
Beetroot is a rich source of vitamin C, iron and folic acid. Therefore, it is often used to strengthen the immune system .
- 1 medium-sized beetles
- 1 large tomato
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 red pepper (50 g.)
- 1 glass of water (250 ml.)
- The first thing to do is to thoroughly wash all the ingredients used . Once they are ready, cut them into pieces and put them in a blender. Pour the required amount of water and mix all the elements thoroughly for 1 minute. You should drink this cocktail immediately after preparation.
One of the most popular natural products from beets is a recipe using eucalyptus leaves. Betaine, contained in the beet, helps protect cells, enzymes and proteins. When inhaled, this substance acts as an expectorant, releasing the respiratory tract from the mucus .
- 1 beet
- 5 leaves of eucalyptus (10 g.)
- 4 glasses of water (1 liter)
- Cut the beets into small cubes, then grind the eucalyptus leaves. Fill the pan with water and put beetroot into it. Add the eucalyptus and continue to cook the broth over low heat for a while.
- Once it is ready, remove the pan from the fire and wrap your head with a towel. Start to inhale the beetroot pairs, gently bending your head over the pot. Be careful not to get burned. It is recommended to repeat this procedure once a week before going to bed.
4. Removal of toxins
The combination of antioxidants with a large amount of fiber in the beet helps to remove toxins from the body and improves the functioning of the lymphatic system, restoring the circulation of lymph .
- 1 beet
- 1 stalk of celery (55 g.)
- 1/2 apple (75 g.)
- 1 glass of water (250 ml.)
- Wash well the ingredients that you will use. Cut small pieces of apple, celery and beet. Put the ingredients in a blender, pour water and mix everything until you get a smooth cocktail. It is recommended to drink it for 10 minutes (at least) before each meal.
5. Cough syrup
The combination of beets with honey allows us to cook a gorgeous syrup. As is known, honey bees have antibacterial, disinfectant and expectorant properties. In turn, beets improve the supply of tissues with oxygen and stimulate the removal of toxins.
- 1 beet
- 2 tablespoons of honey (30 g)
- Cut the beets into two halves. Make holes in the center of each part of the root. Fill these holes with honey. Bake both beans in the oven for 10 minutes. The beet must become soft. Wait until it cools down, and eat it. This remedy will help calm the cough .