Meditation is one of the experiences that can help you increase your connection to the present through mindfulness. The meditation workshops have a high demand of people interested in living the experience of meditating as protagonists.
When the lifestyle can be so conditioned by factors such as stress, haste, worry or immediacy, meditation is a formula to proactively nourish well being not only mentally, but also physically. How to learn to meditate at home? In HealthProTips we give you some indications that can help you.
4 tips to learn to meditate at home: meditation techniques
These four basic tips can help you find a space for meditation.
1. This is not an exam
It is important that you keep this point in mind so as not to be conditioned by the weight of high expectations. Learn to flow and live this experience since through practice, you will develop new personal resources to achieve this state of meditation.
2. Choose a comfortable area in your house
Choose a place in your house where you feel comfortable and relaxed. A space that transmits this feeling of psychological well – being. The external environment also creates a framework conducive to internal relaxation.
If you live accompanied, you can choose a time when you are alone at home to perform this exercise. If you prefer to do the meditation at another time, you can ask them to please do not interrupt you.
3. Select very comfortable clothes
As essential as the choice of the place is that you use clothes that adapt to you like a second skin. Garments that offer maximum comfort from the point of view of freedom of movement and texture so that there is no discomfort that distracts you from your main goal of meditating. How you feel at that moment influences your own capacity for concentration.
4. Choose a comfortable posture
Continuing with the purpose of the search for comfort to start meditating, it is advisable that you choose a position where you feel good and aligned with your own vital center: your breathing. Feel the rhythm of the breath as an internal clock that unites you to life in the form of a present.
How to meditate correctly?
To learn to meditate correctly, it is very important that you attend a specialized workshop on this subject taught at an initiation level by a professional expert in the field.
1. Create a habit
The results of meditation on body and mind are not perceived in a day. As in any long-term experience, you have to focus on the purpose of creating a habit by finding a moment to perform this exercise. Although a habit connects the present with the future, however, to begin to generate significant changes in your goal to meditate, you have to act in the short term.
2. Start from less to more
It is recommended that you start enjoying a brief time to meditate. Otherwise, you may experience the opposite effect of feeling overwhelmed by an idealized goal.
3. Observe your thoughts
Do not censor those ideas, beliefs or thoughts that go through your mind. Simply, try to observe that information remembering that you are more than your thoughts. Therefore, do not identify with them. This is one of the most important learnings of meditation. The human being is so accustomed to confusing its value with its productivity that this constant occupation also materializes on the mental plane through an uninterrupted sequence of ideas.
4. Practice gratitude
Throughout the day, you meet other people, however, you also deserve to feed the relationship you have with you since it is the most important of your life. Therefore, live this moment of meditation as an opportunity to embrace your “inner self”. You can express this act of self-love through a verbal mantra, that is, you can say a word that gives you peace. But you can also express this gratitude through a gesture of body language. For example, you can put your hands on your heart.
5 benefits of learning to meditate at home
Among the main benefits of meditation at home, we can highlight the following:
- You do not have to travel anywhere else to live this moment of connection with you. Your house is one of the most important places in your life, a space with emotional meaning.
- Time management. In relation to the previous point, no matter how busy a person has the agenda, you can surely find a few minutes to meditate at home if this objective is really a priority for her. By not having to make large displacements, it is also possible to dispense with the time spent on the journey.
- Mindfulness. Have you ever taken stock of how many moments you do not live intensely because your mind is more focused on the future through anticipation or in the past through memory? Your quality of life improves significantly when you live in the present. Meditation gives you a method through which you can move from the carpe diem as a theoretical concept to the practice of experience. This benefit is also known as the effect of mindfulness.
- Welfare. You can pause the weekly rhythm to find some moment to focus on you. This helps you enjoy life from a higher level of depth by making wiser decisions.
- If you want to put your life in order, start by taking care of the relationship you have with you. When you change and evolve, you also observe the change in everything that surrounds you.
If you are interested in this topic, it is recommended that you attend a practical meditation course.
This article is purely informative, we do not have the faculty to make a diagnosis or recommend a treatment. We invite you to go to a psychologist to treat your particular case.