When it comes to skin care, coconut oil is one of the most popular products in recent times, not only for its good smell, but also for its multiple healing properties and, above all, for its excellent results . Coconut oil is used for many purposes: to remove facial blemishes, for wrinkles, for acne… And it is not surprising, because among the properties and benefits of coconut oil its anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory properties stand out and moisturizers, among others.
Benefits and properties of coconut oil for the skin
Coconut oil is an excellent ally for our skin, and then we will explain why:
- Antimicrobial and antibiotic properties: these excellent properties would help us to prevent and fight infections on the skin, such as warts or herpes.
- Antioxidant properties: coconut oil regulates the pH of the skin. In addition, it prevents aging, fine lines and wrinkles. Therefore, it is also an excellent regenerative product.
- Moisturizing properties: coconut oil is a great moisturizer for the skin. This natural product helps to preserve collagen and elastin, so that not only helps to combat the dryness of the skin, but also is very useful for wrinkles. In addition, it contains lauric acid, vitamin E and K, ideal for the hydration of the skin.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: thanks to this, coconut oil is ideal for people with skin problems such as atopic dermatitis or psoriasis.
- Clarifying properties: on the other hand, coconut oil is excellent for lightening the skin of the spots produced by UV rays, which are usually formed over the years by the excess accumulation of these rays and other free radicals in our skin.
Coconut oil for the body
Coconut oil is a product of rapid absorption that penetrates with great ease in all the dermal layers, hydrating them quickly. Because of this, this product is ideal for very dry skin.
In addition, coconut oil contains lauric acid, one of the components of breast milk. The function of this acid is none other than to protect the skin, providing an incredible softness while helping in its cell restructuring.
Of course, if you have very dry skin, it is important to know that hydration will not occur overnight, but you will have to be a little constant and apply coconut oil daily on your skin.
Similarly, coconut oil is ideal for sensitive or irritated skin , due to its multiple healing properties, so applying coconut oil every day on your skin will not only help you to have it more beautiful, but also healthier.
How to use coconut oil for the skin
If you are thinking of using coconut oil as a natural moisturizer, here are some very simple ways to use coconut oil for the body:
With natural coconut: the best thing is to create our own coconut oil so that what we apply on our skin is as natural as possible.
- Organic coconut oil: you also have the possibility to buy coconut oil. We recommend that you opt for organic, which is the most natural of all, since if you buy any other is likely to contain many more ingredients in its composition, and some not exactly good. Ideally, you should look at the percentage of lauric acid it contains (preferably more than 30%), since, as we mentioned, that is the key component of coconut oil.
- Coconut oil and moisturizers: another option is to mix the coconut oil with your usual moisturizers. In this way, you will be enhancing the effects of both products and your skin will look much brighter, hydrated and beautiful.
Coconut oil as eye contour
Did you know that coconut oil is very useful for dark circles and bags under the eyes? In fact, it is one of the main reasons why people go to coconut oil, to check the ineffectiveness of other products for this. But why is coconut oil as good as eye area?
As mentioned above, on the one hand, coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties. This means that if we use it daily, we can eliminate the dreaded bags under our eyes. In addition, lauric acid would help in cell regeneration, so that we would have the same smoothness in the skin of the face.
As for the dark circles, these appear due to the lack of rest, which consequently produces an inflammation of the small capillaries that we have under the eyes. However, we can also have dark circles by genetics. This other type of dark circles would look like a shading under the eyes, instead of the small spots under the eyes. Both anti-inflammatory and bleaching properties would be very useful in this case. Applying coconut oil under the eyes every day, we would eliminate the dark circles.
How to use coconut oil for bags and dark circles
If you want more detailed information on how to eliminate bags and circles under coconut oil, you will find it in this article on How to use coconut oil for eyes.
Coconut oil for wrinkles
Many opinions on the use of coconut oil for the face fall on the same: coconut oil is an excellent product for the face, especially for wrinkles. Due to its multiple properties for the skin, coconut oil helps in cell regeneration, in the production of collagen and elastin. All this added to the large amount of lauric acid it contains, makes coconut oil help to eliminate wrinkles and expression lines, filling them with collagen and elastin and, thus, a smoother and radiant skin would be achieved.
In addition, at the same time the coconut oil would help us to eliminate the spots of the face, something very frequent that happens with the passage of the years due to the accumulation of UV rays in our skin.
How to apply coconut oil on the face
If you want to know how to properly use coconut oil to eliminate wrinkles,
Coconut oil for acne
Acne is a problem that affects mostly teenagers, although it can occur also in adulthood. The specialists advise, in these cases, not to consume anything oily or greasy. Because of this, the use of coconut oil for acne may be contradictory, but the reality is very different: coconut oil eliminates acne, and now we will explain why.
Acne occurs due to a bacterial infection in the openings of the sebum glands, that is, the glands or pores of the skin that expel oil to keep the skin moist. In this way, the bacteria present in the skin would clog these pores, causing the dreaded acne.
Knowing this, we should not be surprised that, thanks to the anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of coconut oil, we can gradually eliminate acne.
How to use coconut oil for acne
To eliminate acne, you can apply directly coconut oil on the skin. However, depending on the amount of acne you have, it is also recommended that you use a natural exfoliant. If you are interested in the latter
If you want to read more articles similar to Properties and benefits of coconut oil for the skin
- If you have coconut oil for food, you can apply it on the skin but without imperfections.
- Remember that the coconut oil you use must be 100% vegetable.