Nails are an important part of our appearance, our image, so we need to take good care of them.
Problems with nails can have different origins, but in any case, they usually suffer from the appearance of the nails and, accordingly, the hands and feet. And it is important to bear in mind that the state of the nails says a lot about human health.
Nails are horny plates on the back surface of the ends of the fingers of the upper and lower extremities. They protect the tissues of the fingers.
The basis of the nail plate is keratin – a dense and fibrous protein, from which layers of the nail are formed. If the nails look good, they are all right.
If they become brittle or change color, then there are problems (and, probably, not only with the nails).
If we want our nails to be beautiful and healthy, it is very important to follow the rules of hygiene . For this, there are different cosmetic products.
Of course, it is better to use natural means. Containing chemicals, moisturizers, nail polish, nail polish remover may not work well on nails.
They can provoke the appearance of fungus, ulcers, spots, can cause an unpleasant smell, provoke ingrown nails into the skin and even lead to their loss.
We will talk about natural treatments that help to cope with various problems with nails.
Natural treatments for problems with nails
1. Fighting the fungus
Nail fungus is a problem that plagues many. This is an infectious disease that affects the nails.
Favorable conditions for it creates non-compliance with hygiene rules. Fungus loves damp and warm places, and it eats keratin.
One of the best natural treatments for the fungus is tea tree oil . This is a powerful antiseptic. He copes with the fungus no worse than anti fungal creams and ointments sold in pharmacies.
What do we have to do?
- After the shower, apply the oil of the tea tree to the nails (before that, wipe the entire body with a towel).
- For each affected nail, we apply only a few drops of oil. We let the oil dry.
- We do this procedure every day until we see a significant improvement.
2. How to deal with the stratification of nails
Many women face this problem. The reasons for the bundle of nails can be different – health problems, constant contact with substances that weaken the nails keratin. If you want to fight this problem with natural treatments, first of all pay attention to your diet. It is necessary to include in it more products, which contain a lot of calcium. It’s milk, cheese, cottage cheese and nuts. Help strengthen nails and other natural treatments:
- Almond butter with lemon. Mix the two ingredients and apply this mixture on the nails for 2 minutes. Then rinse the nails with water.
- Coconut oil. We massage the nails with a little bit of heated coconut oil. After that let the oil act for about one minute.
- Argan oil . Doing a manicure, for 2 minutes, massage the nails with this oil.
3. How to take care of your nails
Some chemicals, for example, included in cleaning and detergents, worsen the condition of the nails. They weaken the nails and create conditions for their separation.
Nails (on fingers) are so located on the body that they have to come into contact with almost everything that we are dealing with. Therefore, they require special attention and constant care .
And it is important to remember that this is one of the indicators of the state of our health.
What do we have to do?
- Making clean, you need to use gloves.
- From time to time it is good to apply varnish on nails, it also protects them.
- In our diet should include products that enhance the nails. It’s milk, eggs, avocado and spinach.
- It is desirable to do a manicure and pedicure on a regular basis. These procedures help us assess the condition of the nails and take action if they are having problems.
4. Ingrown nails
This is one of the most unpleasant problems with nails. Nails grow into the skin due to tight shoes , due to improper nail cutting and poor care of them.
Very often this happens with the thumbnail. However, such a nuisance can occur with the fingernail of any finger.
What do we have to do?
- For a couple of minutes, we dip the foot into hot water, then we wipe it well with a towel.
- With gentle movements, massage the affected area with olive or almond oil .
- We place under the nail a small, water-soaked flagellum made of cotton wool.
- When this zone is softened, we cut off the nail with clean nail scissors.
- The “cut” of the nail should be rectangular, that is, the angle at its edges should be close to the right angle.