Insomnia is one of the most common reasons for going to the doctor. According to statistics, about 30% of people complain that they wake up at night, after which they can not fall asleep. If earlier everyone in this situation was advised to drink sleeping pills, but now this problem is treated individually.
Causes of sleep disorders in adults and children
Sleep disorder occurs for various reasons. An important role is played by the environment in which a person falls asleep, for example, an uncomfortable bed, sound stimuli, and not comfortable temperature conditions greatly affect the quality of sleep. Also, the cause of insomnia are pathological changes in the body, accompanied by difficulty breathing, pain syndrome, frequent urination. One of the main reasons for the appearance of insomnia is also a change of residence, depression, anxiety, stressful situations.
Treatment of sleep disorders in adults should be done systematically. As statistics show, women are more susceptible to insomnia than men. First of all, this is due to the emotionality of the female, and also to the physiological factors: a monthly change in the endocrine system before the menstruation, a hormonal imbalance during pregnancy and with menopause.
In men, insomnia manifests itself against the background of diseases of internal organs. In men prone to frequent and excessive drinking, sleep becomes restless and intermittent. Also, excessive physical activity before bedtime is the cause of sleep disorders.
In adolescents, insomnia is more common than insomnia in children, but treatment should begin immediately.
Among the main causes of insomnia in teenagers and children are:
- Psychological disorders.
- Violation of sleep.
- Hormonal reorganization.
- Excessive overload in school with minor physical exertion.
- Stressful situations, experiencing problems related to relationships with parents, peers and teachers.
Ways to treat insomnia
While insomnia has not developed into a chronic form, you can take care of the home.
- Normalize the regime, develop the habit of falling asleep and waking up at the same time. This facilitates the installation of “internal clock”, which regulates the basic functions of the body. It is very important to relax before going to bed. For some time before sleep, take a few minutes to think about and analyze your actions, try to find solutions to problems that have arisen at work or in your personal life.Make an action plan for the upcoming day, adjust yourself to a positive mood. Take a warm bath before going to bed, you can use aromatic oils if you do not have allergies on them.
- It is very important to relax before going to bed. For some time before sleep, take a few minutes to think about and analyze your actions, try to find solutions to problems that have arisen at work or in your personal life.Make an action plan for the upcoming day, adjust yourself to a positive mood. Take a warm bath before going to bed, you can use aromatic oils if you do not have allergies on them.
- Make the bed as comfortable as possible for sleeping. The bedroom is better to decorate in pleasant and gentle tones. If necessary, make soundproofing on the walls or use ear plugs. Pay attention to the bed, it should be comfortable, do not constrain movement, choose bedding from natural materials, they will provide the body with an optimal microclimate during sleep.
- Refuse or minimize the dose of products containing caffeine, such as tea, coffee, chocolate and cola.