The pimples on the back are an alteration of the dermis that affects both men and women alike. This type of acne, also called bacne (back acne), is usually more common during puberty, but it can extend into adulthood, becoming an inconvenience in daily life.
If you have pimples on your back, you will know that the sensation of itching, irritation and even pain that they produce can lead to uncomfortable situations and a physical discomfort that ends up influencing the general mood. In addition, with the arrival of good weather, the problem increases, since visiting the beach or the pool forces you to expose that part of your body, until now hidden under clothing. If you want to know how to eliminate pimples on your back, in HealthProTips we explain everything you need to know and which remedies are the most appropriate.
Why the pimples come out on the back
There are several answers to the question of what are the causes of pimples on the back. Lifestyle, genetics and hormones are common triggers that, together with certain acquired habits or routines, make you much more prone and vulnerable to suffer this type of condition. These are some of the causes of the most common back shins:
- The hormonal component: with puberty, the androgenic hormones (estrogen and testosterone) cause excessive segregation of sebum that, together with other elements found in the dermis (dead cells, dirt, bacteria …) cause the appearance of these undesirable protuberances.
- The genetic component: according to some studies on the subject, the fact that one of your parents suffers or has suffered from acne at some stage of their life, can influence that you also inherit the so-called bacon.
- Pollution: experts say that the high levels of pollution in large cities cause an oxidative process in our skin that often results in an excess of sebum production in our body.
- The rubbing or continuous pressure of an object or piece of clothing: wear tight clothes, carry backpacks on your back with too much weight, stay seated for a long time with your back resting on a backrest … this type of actions and any other activity that Bringing a continuous rubbing or pressing of the back against another surface can cause pimples on the back.
- Stress: the rhythm of life that we have influences, undoubtedly, in our health and our physical appearance. Leading a life full of stress can cause, among other things, the appearance of pimples on the back. And, some studies have shown that when our body is subjected to very high levels of pressure, it can reach a very high fat index.
- Excessive and constantsweating: sweating continues and in great quantity causes a combination of sweat, dirt, sebum and dead cells totally counterproductive to your skin. Exposing to high temperatures or sources of heat when working or practicing sports can be a cause of pimples on the back.
- Take an unhealthy diet: as with stress, eating an unhealthy diet in which there is excess or lack of certain nutrients can cause a series of imbalances in our body that end up producing acne and, more specifically, bacon.
How to remove pimples on the back
The first step to eliminate pimples on the back is, of course, prevention. Following a proper routine, the shins on the back can be prevented and, in the case that they have already made their appearance, minimized. One type of very common pimples that usually appear on the back are black pimples. These have the appearance of a small, dark spot on the skin that is commonly referred to as a
“black dot.” To eliminate these black pimples naturally, there are the following solutions:
- Correct hygiene: a hygiene routine that prevents the accumulation of dirt and grease on the skin, as well as showering after sports or whenever excessive sweating is suffered is essential.
- Control the temperature of the water: this is essential when you are in the shower, because the water must be warm.
- The use of sponges and suitable products: always use a soft sponge of natural origin. It is also highly recommended that you avoid the use of creams, shampoos, conditioners, gels, soaps or any other product of a comedogenic nature, that is, that it contains high levels of fat and produces an obstruction in the pores of the skin. In the market there is a wide range of non-comedogenic products for hygiene and skin care, most of them with natural and aseptic ingredientsthat respect the balance of the dermis.
- Wash your hair and body separately: this advice is basic if you wonder how to remove pimples on the back. If this is not possible, first wash the hair and, once rinsed with plenty of water, collect it on the nape of the neck before lathering the rest of the body.
- Exfoliate the back: exfoliate your back once a week with a non-aggressive exfoliant and, if possible, with ingredients of natural origin. The exfoliation should be done with very smooth circular movements. Under no circumstances should the back be rubbed vigorously, as injuries or infections could arise and, therefore, worsen the situation.
- Always avoid the use of blades: if you have hair on your back and resort to hair removal, never use a blade. Always go to an aesthetic cabinet where they advise you on the most appropriate method for you and your case.
- Choose the right clothes: you should always try to wear clean clothes that do not press or rub your back. Do not wear anything tight or tissues of synthetic origin. It uses natural fabrics that allow perspiration of the skin, such as linen or cotton (if it can be of ecological origin).
- Wash clothes with the right products: remember to use non-aggressive laundry detergents or chemical components that may affect, irritate or cause skin allergies.
Foods that cause pimples on the back
Eating a proper diet is very important to prevent acne, as nourishing the body correctly favors not only the health of your internal organs, but also a benefit for your skin. There are foods that, due to their composition, are counterproductive to the dermis, causing pimples to appear on the back. However, we must bear in mind that each person has a totally different metabolism, so some foods can affect more than others. If when you take a certain food you detect that this causes an outbreak of acne on your back or that increases the one that has already left you, it would be advisable to take it into account and comment on your next visit to the dermatologist.
The foods that cause acne on the back are, according to various scientific studies:
- Dairy: Although the exact causes of why milk and its derivatives can cause acne are not known, the latest hypotheses point to the high hormonal content of these. If you want to avoid the foods that cause bacne, you should try to reduce your consumption of this product to the maximum.
- Foods with a high content of fats and sugars: industrial pastries and cakes are perfect examples of foods that you should avoid if you want to prevent the appearance of pimples on your back. This is because these foods increase the fat in our body and, therefore, can cause acne outbreaks.
- Bread, cereals, pasta and any food with refined carbohydrates: the high glycemic content of these foods produces an extra sebaceous secretion in the body.
- Spicy foods: the fact that this type of food raises body temperature can cause new rashes or worsen the state of current ones.
Introduce certain habits in our diet such as: replacing refined foods with a high content of fats and sugars for whole and unprocessed foods can help eliminate or prevent the appearance of pimples on the back. It is also essential that you include in your diet foods rich in vitamin C and other products such as blue fish, as omega 3 and omega 6 are great allies in reducing inflammation of the body.
Home remedies to eliminate pimples on the back
Now that you know some foods that cause the annoying bacne, the time has come to unveil some home remedies to eliminate pimples on the back of adults.
Garlic and lemon to eliminate pimples on the back
These two ingredients have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which is why united can be a perfect ally to combat acne of the back. To make this home remedy you will only need three cloves of garlic and the juice of a lemon. Follow this step by step:
- Grind the cloves of garlic and mix them with the lemon juice.
- Once your back is clean and dry, apply the mixture on your skin.
- Make circular massages for a couple of minutes and let it sit on your skin for 20 minutes.
- Clarify well the products of your skin.
You can perform this home treatment for pimples on your back a couple of times per week. In a matter of days, you will see remarkable improvements.
Honey and vinegar to eliminate the bacne
Once again, we find two very beneficial ingredients for the skin, as both have antibacterial and cleansing properties that will help you to look more beautiful and soft. You will only need a spoonful of honey, a spoonful of apple cider vinegar and follow the steps indicated below:
- Mix the ingredients and, with the help of a fork, make sure they form a paste.
- Apply the mask on the area where the shins are and make circular movements to exfoliate the skin well.
- Let the mixture act for 20 minutes on your back and, after these minutes, rinse your skin with water.
Aloe Vera scrub to combat the bacne
The last home remedy that we present to eliminate pimples from the back is one of the most effective, because it has aloe Vera, one of the most beneficial products for the skin. To make this home treatment you will only need aloe vera extract, four slices of cucumber, one tablespoon of coarse salt and two glasses of water.
- Crush the slices of cucumber and add them in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients until there is a paste. If you see that the pasta is very solid, you can add a little more water.
- Once again, when the mixture is ready you will have to spread it on your back and rub with gentle circular movements.
- Let the ingredients make their effect and, after about fifteen minutes, remove them with warm water.
If you want to learn how to remove pimples from your back, you will only have to choose your favorite natural exfoliant and get down to work. If you want more options, this article on what are the best natural exfoliants can give you other great ideas.