If one thing we must consider, is that not all people have the same type of complexion. In fact, we can talk about different skins that are grouped, generally, in these types: normal skin, dry skin, mixed skin or oily skin. Each of these skin needs a series of special care and attention, something that must be taken into account when treating different skin problems.
This time, we will focus on the oily skin to see how you can prevent the appearance of fat, a problem quite unsightly and painful for people who have it. From HealthProTips, we will explain how to remove excess fat on the face so you know what home remedies and what treatments are available to improve the appearance of the skin.
Excess fat on the face: causes
The first thing to be clear before applying any product, home remedy or treatment are the main causes of excess fat on the face. And is that the solution will depend on the reason that causes sebum in the skin. These are the main ones:
- Genetics: oily skin is usually hereditary. That is to say, that genetics will be decisive.
- Hormones: hormonal alterations can produce fat in the skin. In general, it occurs in puberty, pregnancy and menopause, although it is also possible to notice more oily skin during the days of menstruation.
- Stress: Prolonged or intense nervousness and anxiety also favor the appearance of fat on the skin and granites.
- Poor diet: a diet rich in fats and processed products helps excess fat on the face. If you want more information on the ideal diet to avoid excess fat on the skin, do not miss this article on Food to improve oily skin.
- Environment: being in environments where there is excess moisture, is also one of the main reasons why the facial skin generates more fat.
How to remove excess fat on the face
When talking about how to eliminate excess fat on the face, one important factor must be taken into account: knowing what produces it. Only in this way can adequate guidelines be followed to reduce their presence and eliminate it altogether. However, sometimes, the secret lies in a combination of food, medical or aesthetic treatments and facial care products.
- Food: the dietary diet that an individual adopts, is clearly reflected in the skin. In this way, if you have an excess of fat on your face, it is important that you avoid eating fatty meats such as duck, pork and lamb or sausages and processed meats. In addition, spicy foods, excess salt, refined flours, butter, sugar and other sugary, fried and dairy products should be avoided. It is also important to eliminate alcohol from the diet, as it is one of the causes of the great excesses of fat in the skin.
- Medical treatments: when the problem of excess fat on the face is important and very remarkable, the doctor may recommend following medical treatments that, in general, are based on ointments, gels, lotions or / and the taking of some pills. They are solutions that are applied mainly for durable acne cases.
- Dermatological creams: they include, for example, those that have retinoid to cover the hair follicles, salicylic acid or azelaic acid due to their antibiotic properties or dapsone, an antibiotic indicated, especially for cases of inflammatory acne.
- Oral medicines: the doctor can recommend you to take antibiotics to avoid the infection of granites related to acne. One of the oral medicines that is usually recommended is oral contraceptives and ant androgens, two medications that control and / or block the androgenic hormones of the sebaceous glands. It is also worth mentioning isotretinoin, indicated for the most serious cases of acne.
- Facial care: in addition to diet and medical treatment, it is also important to take care of the skin with the appropriate cosmetics. The most indicated are the moisturizers of light texture and free of oils, as well as the specific lotions and tonics or the exfoliates for oily skin, since they help to regulate the level of sebum in the skin. It is always important, when choosing products, to look at whether they contain seborregulatory and matifying elements so that the results are as desired.
Facial cleansing to remove excess fat on the face
The greasy face must always be cleaned with specific products that meet the conditions that we have mentioned previously, being precise that they contain the elements seborreguladores and matificantes.
One of the best options to remove make-up on oily skin is micellar water. This popular product has the main advantage of being very comfortable and versatile, because it is designed to remove makeup from the skin and to clean it of impurities at the same time. Besides, it helps to avoid facial shine and is very easy to use. Follow this routine in the morning and at night.
- If you just got up in the morning, wash your face with warm water.
- Take a cotton to remove makeup and soak it with a little micellar water.
- Pass the cotton across the face, giving small touches to remove excess fat.
- Once you are finished, wait a few seconds for the skin to dry completely.
- Apply on your face the usual treatment cream you use (or neutral moisturizer), and then you can apply the makeup you want if you usually do makeup.
At night, the routine is similar, but you should avoid washing your face. Apply the micellar water directly to clean the skin or make-up remover, as you need.
Home remedies for oily skin on the face
In addition to the treatments we have explained for the oily face and to prevent acne and the shine of the face, you can also use some home remedies for oily skin with specific ingredients widely used in the production of natural masks or exfoliants. Among them are the following:
- Aloe Vera: it is indicated for all skin types but, above all, for oily skin, since it has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. If you want to make an exfoliant for homemade fat skin, aloe Vera is an ideal product that cannot be lacking in the ointment, because it will take care of softening the skin so that it does not get irritated.
- Rosewater: rose water is indicated for the greasy face due to its astringent properties.
- Eucalyptus: with the eucalyptus leaves an infusion can be prepared that can be used as a facial tonic to refresh the dermis.
- Chamomile: it is another of the most suitable plants for oily skin. It is a plant with anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, dermopurifying and healing properties, so its use will improve the appearance of your skin remarkably.
- Eggyolk: the egg yolk helps dry the skin, something that is very beneficial in the case of very oily skin or with acne.
With these tips on how to eliminate excess fat on the face, we hope from a HealthProTips have helped you maintain and take care of your skin in better conditions and have controlled problems such as facial shine or acne.