Seasonal changes, poor diet or stress can affect the health of your hair. To avoid falling or loss of brightness you must take a healthy and balanced diet.
Diet for strong and healthy hair
- The proteins and vitamins are key to maintaining healthy and strong hair. The proteins you will find mainly in meats and seafood, in milk, in eggs as well as in lentils, beans, and nuts.
- The fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins A, B, and E, which protect the scalp, strengthen hair and help growth. Join the peas rich in vitamin B1 (100 g of pea cover 18% of the recommended daily amount) and vitamin C.
- The calcium present in milk and its derivatives are also essential.
- Neither should minerals be missing. The iron is essential to prevent hair weakens, present in green vegetables and red meat. Take beet juice because it has a lot of iron, especially for women who have a considerable loss of iron every month. Keep in mind that vitamin C contributes to the absorption of iron, which is why lentils, for example, should be taken with peas rich in vitamin C or with a dessert kiwi.
- Against hair loss, zinc is a great ally for the conservation and vitality of hair, you will find it in cucumber. The iodine in fish improves hair growth. Also copper, which also helps pigmentation and is present in meats, vegetables, and nuts. The magnesium is perfect for brittle hair, you find seeds, nuts, whole grains, legumes, and green leafy vegetables. The silica is part of the composition of hair found in peppers, cucumbers, sprouts lentils or raw oats.
- The healthy vegetable fats, such as those containing nuts(walnuts) and olive oil, will help moisturize your hair and prevent dry and brittle. To add shine, sunflower oil and soybeans can be your allies.
- For the correct functioning of the metabolism, biotin and folic acid are very important. You will find them in a multitude of foods such as cereals, eggs, liver, orange juice, and vegetables (spinach).
Supplements for strong and healthy hair
The nutritional supplements are an adjunct to diet for seasons when more hair falls like the beginning of autumn. An extra contribution of micro-nutrients to improve the quality of the hair, give it body and strength and stimulate its growth: vitamins (A, B, C, E), minerals (calcium, phosphorus are necessary or, iron, magnesium, zinc), trace elements and amino acids.
The yeast or wheat germ is an excellent source of nutrition for hair. Of grape seed, the obtained flavonoids, potent anti-free radicals, which protect the structure of blood vessels and extract Ginkgo stimulates the hair follicle irrigation.