The right diet helps prevent an increase in the level of uric acid. In addition, the intake of sufficient amounts of water is also crucial for the removal of toxins.
Uric acid is a chemical substance that our body synthesizes itself by destroying substances called purines.
Among products containing these purines , we can find the following:
- a fish
- carbonated drinks
Usually the body is able to excrete uric acid through the blood , then it moves to the kidneys and is completely eliminated with urine.
Despite this, some people can not completely eliminate it, because their body produces this chemical in large quantities than necessary.
In such cases, this can cause many unpleasant consequences, such as:
- Swelling of the fingers and hands, accompanied by severe pain.
- Crystallization of uric acid, that is, stones and sand in the kidneys.
- A change in the pH of urine, which also contributes to the formation of kidney stones.
Fortunately, with the right diet, you can adjust the level of uric acid.
In this article we will give you the keys to a healthy diet.
1. Artichokes and uric acid
Artichokes are the best choice when it comes to reducing the amount of uric acid.
They contain a large number of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants, as well as rich in fiber and protein.
Due to its diuretic properties, this vegetable helps to eliminate not only uric acid, but also many other toxins through urine.
The best way to use artichoke for medical purposes is as follows.
Ingredients and preparation:
- You will need ½ kg of artichokes (about 15 pieces)
- Wash the artichokes thoroughly before preparing
- Place them in a pan with 1 liter of water
- Boil for at least 40 minutes
- Serve and eat as a garnish
In addition to consuming whole artichokes, you can also drink broth obtained as a result of cooking.
Perhaps you will be interested in this: Artichoke: 4 reasons why you should pay attention to it
2. Onion is also very important
Onion is widely used for the treatment of diseases and, like artichoke, is excellent for reducing the level of uric acid in the blood.
Ingredients and preparation:
- Peel two onions (about 300 g) and cut them in half.
- Place them in a saucepan with 1/2 liter of water and allow to boil until they are completely welded and softened.
- Pour the resulting liquid into a bottle, add lemon juice and let the remedy stand.
- This mixture should be drunk during the day. If desired, the onion can be used for other recipes.
Recommended: Onions: 8 little-known facts about its usefulness
This bright vegetable is a natural diuretic and therefore naturally removes excess uric acid.
This tasty and nutritious food, it can be baked in the oven, stew or cook, it is useful in many ways.
4. Apples and uric acid
This delicious fruit is simply necessary for our health, especially when we suffer from excess uric acid.
Apples help to remove all the extra toxins that accumulate in our body in the most natural way.
As in the case of a pumpkin, apples can be baked, added to the roast or eat fresh, as we most often do.
Celery is recognized as a powerful cleanser that allows us to monitor and eliminate excess uric acid in our blood. We can eat it raw, fried – there are a lot of recipes with this vegetable.
It is useful in any form.
Red meat increases the level of uric acid, and white chicken easily reduces the amount of this chemical.
Eggs are similarly functioning, they should also be included in the diet.
Carrots should always be on the table of those who suffer from excess uric acid, because, like celery, it has the ability to eliminate the excess of this compound.
It can be eaten raw, boiled, baked or in the form of fresh juice, it is also useful in any form.
8. Without water there is no life
Each of us should drink enough water, no matter if the problem is uric acid, or not. Drink at least 2 liters per day.
Drinking water will produce more urine and it is easier to remove toxins that accumulate in our body.
Recommended to read: All you need is water: 7 excellent recipes
Our additional recommendations
If you want to control the level of uric acid, it is important to follow the following recommendations:
- Do not eat too much fruit, as they eventually turn into purines that your body can not take out.
- Well cook all foods, heat treatment reduces the amount of purines.
- In addition to daily consumption of 2 liters of water, try also to combine them with herbal teas or juices.
- Avoid feeling hungry, eat 5 times in small quantities throughout the day.
- Such food as algae and nuts can control the level of uric acid.
- Try to consume at least 1 gram of calcium every day. This will prevent the appearance of pain and arthritis.
- Try to exclude salt.
- Completely abandon alcohol.
If you follow all these recommendations, you will not only be able to control the level of uric acid, but also be able to lead a normal and fully healthy life.