Have you heard about fly oil? Before you think it is a product made with these insects, the essential oil of fly is a remedy that is obtained from a fruit known as bergamot, which grows on a tree belonging to the family of the Rutaceae. In addition to these characteristics, bergamot is a pear-shaped fruit that looks a lot like lemon. In fact, citrus Bergamot is used for the production of essential oils since it has a composition very similar to this fruit, although its amount in citric acid is much greater than that of lemon.
Due to this, the oil of fly or bergamot is a remedy that is becoming more and more in the world of the beauty since it counts on different beneficial properties for the skin and the hair. Do you want to know more about this natural product? Keep reading and discover more about fly oil: what it is for and how to apply it.
What is fly oil – composition
As we have indicated, the fly oil is a natural product that is made with a fruit known as Citrus bergamot or bergamot, which has a shape very similar to that of a pear, is citrus and is grown mainly in Italy, Turkey, Brazil and Argentina. Specifically, fly oil is extracted from the bark of this fruit because it is an area rich in vesicles filled with oily substances.
In addition to these characteristics, bergamot is a fruit very similar to lemon, since both have some same components and the same acid taste. Everything is due to the composition of the fly oil that we list below:
- Essential oils: limonene, alpha pinene, terpinene, geraniol, beta bisoloben, myrcene and camfeno.
- Acids: citric, acetic and malic.
- Vitamins: like lemon, fly oil is notable for its richness in vitamin A and C, although it also has a good supply of vitamin E and group B.
- Minerals: Bergamot stands out for its contribution in calcium and phosphorus.
- Others: also has flavonoids, mucilage, carbohydrates and pectin.
Thus, the so-called fly oil that is marketed is an oil that contains the bergamot oil itself with more vitamin A and vitamin E added. This mixture enhances the properties of the natural oil of this citrus fruit.
What is the use of fly oil: properties and benefits
As we have indicated in the previous section, fly oil is a natural extract of the bark of fruits known as bergamots, which contain a composition very similar to that of lemon. Due to its richness in several nutrients (especially essential oils and vitamins), these are the main properties of fly oil for health:
Due to these properties, fly oil has the following uses and benefits:
Regulate the appetite
The fly oil has digestive properties that helps regulate the appetite of whoever consumes it. Due to this, this natural product is an effective remedy to improve the appetite in people with anorexia nervosa or other related problems.
It’s good for the urinary system
This oil also favors the elimination of accumulated toxins in our body through the increase of urine production. Thanks to these properties, this home remedy is indicated for infections that occur in the urinary tract, especially urethritis and cystitis.
The soft and sweet aroma of the fly oil provides excellent relaxing and aromatic properties that improve sleep at night. In fact, due to these benefits, bergamot oil and fly oil can be very useful in cases of anxiety and depression.
Improves the skin by reducing acne and blemishes
Fly oil is also a useful remedy to treat skin problems such as acne because it has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and healing properties that unclog pores and reduces the presence of pimples. Due to these properties, this product is also used to prepare specific creams for the treatment of other skin problems such as herpes, psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema.
In addition to these skin properties, fly oil can also be used to attenuate skin blemishes because it has a bleaching effect due to its richness in vitamin E and flavonoids.
Fly oil for hair
The fly oil has vasodilation properties that improve the blood circulation of our hair. Due to this, this product is an excellent treatment to accelerate hair growth since it strengthens the hair fiber and dilates the pores of the scalp.
In addition to these benefits, this oil is also a good remedy both to remove the hair dandruff and to reduce the dryness of the hair as it has moisturizing and antiseptic properties.
In this article we talk to you more about How to apply bergamot oil on hair, which is very similar to fly oil.
Fly oil for the beard
Fly oil, as well as bergamot oil, is also used to care for facial hair, since it has antiseptic and healing properties that cleanse the dirt that accumulates in the beard and combat excess oil from the skin. On the other hand, the oil of fly is good remedy for the cases of dryness in the skin of the beard since its moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties reduce symptoms like itching or irritation. Thanks to these properties, fly oil also stimulates the growth of a strong, healthy and thick facial hair.
How to apply fly oil
Now that we know the properties of this excellent natural product, here’s how to apply fly oil to both hair and beard:
How to apply fly oil on the beard
- To grow the beard:wash your face with warm water to open the pores of the skin and apply a few drops of fly oil in the area you want to grow more hair making a gentle circular massage for a couple of minutes. Repeat this process 4 days a week for 1 month.
- To prevent excess fat:wash your face with warm water and apply a few drops of oil with a cotton ball all over the beard. Let it act 20 minutes and then rinse the face with cold water.
Perform these steps at night since bergamot can stain the skin in contact with the sun.
How to apply fly oil on hair
- To grow the hair:mix 20ml of rosemary water with 5 drops of fly oil and apply it to damp hair after washing it, doing a circular massage all over the hair, emphasizing the scalp.
- To reduce dandruff:mix 10 drops of bergamot, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 4 tablespoons of distilled water and apply to damp hair performing a circular massage. Let it act 20 minutes and then rinse your hair to remove the product. Finally wash your hair in the usual way.