If you are a nervous person , or you have someone from the closest associates who can be described as such, pay attention to this article.
We will give some tips and useful tips to help calm down.
What is an attack of anxiety?
First of all, it is necessary to explain what an attack of anxiety is . If we really know its meaning, we will be able to understand whether this is happening to a person or to ourselves or something else.
- Anxiety attack is a phenomenon much more common than you think. It is associated with an excess of adrenaline , which enters the bloodstream.
- Usually the reason is fear, but it should be understood that this feeling is irrational, and therefore a person often can not establish the factor that caused it, and as a consequence, can not control it.
- An attack of anxiety lasts, as a rule, from 15 to 30 minutes. In the case of a panic attack, the duration is the same.
1. Learn to recognize the symptoms
If a person suffers from anxiety attacks, there are usually a number of factors-irritants that accumulate and eventually make themselves felt in this way. And yet, as we noted above, there is not always a logical or real reason.
An attack of anxiety manifests itself physically . Specifically, it may appear:
- Negative thoughts
- Sensation of suffocation or cardiac arrest
- Abdominal pain
- Increased sweating
2. Control breathing
It is important not only to be able to recognize the symptoms of an anxiety attack, but also to learn how to breathe properly. This is one of the key points to cope with an attack of anxiety.
The ability to control breathing is a measured heart rate.
- If you want to breathe correctly, take the following steps: inhale for 5 seconds, hold the breath for 7 seconds, exhale slowly (for 8 seconds), repeat the cycle for 5 minutes (as many times as necessary).
3. Try to drop negative thoughts
Attacks anxiety are inextricably linked with negative thoughts , which continuously spin in the head. Therefore, it is important to be able to put an end to this, to stop this process.
In order to do this, you need to take a deep breath and perform appropriate breathing exercises. So you can concentrate and leave aside the bad energy (negative vibrations).
4. Autosuggestion: repeat soothing words and phrases
Tell yourself (or a third person, if an attack of anxiety happened to him) soothing words. Here everyone, as they say, has his own, everything is very individual, but in general it is necessary to achieve a calming effect, to stop an attack of anxiety.
- For example, you can say that everything is in order, and there are no real reasons for concern .
- Still you can convince yourself that soon everything will pass, it’s a matter of a few seconds.
- And, most importantly, remember, it’s you who control the situation, and not vice versa.
5. Find a suitable place
If you are not at home, find a suitable, secluded place for yourself to wait for an alarm. If you stay in a crowded place, in front of everyone, then you will be much more nervous.
For this reason, it is necessary to find a quiet place as soon as possible, where you can retire and bring your thoughts and feelings in order.
6. Do not run away from yourself.
When an attack of anxiety is no less important to know what can not be done.
- Do not run from the situation, so you will only feed your “monster” (and it feeds on fears).
- You only need to take care of your breathing and realize that very soon this unpleasant condition will pass, everything ever ends. You will feel good again.
7. Do not participate in rituals
Do not try to overcome the attack of anxiety through questionable rituals that do not have a scientific basis. In fact, an attack of anxiety goes by itself, you just have to wait a bit (and at this time to breathe properly).
- If every time an attack of anxiety happens to you, you will start praying, this will lead to nothing (since these things are not related to each other).
- So you can only have different superstitions . And if the next time you do not get to do the same actions, you’ll be even more nervous (get the opposite effect).
So try to find in time yourself (or your loved ones) an attack of anxiety and follow these simple steps to deal with it.