There are certain steps that we can take to regulate the digestive system and, of course, to eliminate constipation.
It is believed that a person without problems with digestion goes to the toilet maximum 3 times a day. But if you only have 2 to 3 bowel movements a week, then you suffer from constipation. If the process of defecation becomes painful, a serious problem arises.
Waste should be firm and dry, otherwise it is important to begin treatment and, of course, to make changes in your diet.
Constipation: tips for dealing with it
- Increase the intake of fiber: add to your diet fruits, vegetables and grains.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
- Maintain physical activity (walking, running, dancing).
- It is impossible to accelerate or delay the process of defecation.
Meanwhile, another way to purify the body and speed up the process of digestion is to take laxatives.
Theoretically, such pharmaceutical preparations should not be taken without a doctor’s prescription, but there are natural laxatives that will help to eliminate constipation without damage to the body. You can find them in your fridge.
1. Coconut water will help to eliminate constipation
Coconut water is not only refreshing in the heat. She is responsible for the remineralization of the body, so this drink is especially recommended in the hot season. Among its properties:
- Eliminates excess alcohol, which accumulates in the body.
- Increases the number of platelets and strengthens the immune system.
- It cleanses the urinary tract and acts as a lubricant in the body systems.
- This is a natural laxative that purifies the blood.
2. Apple cider vinegar
The apple stands out among other fruits because of its pectin content: this substance stimulates the tissues of the intestines, which makes it an ideal tool for dealing with constipation.
All you need to do is add a spoonful of apple cider vinegar to your regular drinks. Or just eat an apple, the dietary fiber contained in it just also makes the digestive system work.
3. Aloe Vera
If taken in its pure form, aloe vera acts as a powerful laxative. The fact is that this plant contains anthraquinones , substances that increase the fluid content in the intestine.
In addition, it helps to remove particles that accumulate in the digestive system. Just add a few drops of aloe vera to your regular drink.
4. Chia and flax seeds
Chia seeds are high in fiber, so they are ideal for eliminating constipation.
Flax seeds , in turn, not only provide the body with omega-3 acids, but also contain alpha-linolenic acid, which reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and removes excess fat.
We advise you to drink plenty of water so that this remedy will work really effectively.
Do you need another reason to drink coffee? Then you should know that this fragrant drink improves digestion and, therefore, helps to fight with constipation.
When we eat, our body releases hormones: gastrin and cholecystokinin, which are responsible for the work of the intestines.
When we drink coffee, the amount of these hormones increases, which helps the waste to be excreted faster.
6. Baking soda
This remedy helps the air to circulate better through the digestive system.
Sodium bicarbonate relieves convulsions, pain in the stomach and neutralizes increased acidity. This helps to soften the waste that “sticks” to the walls of the digestive tract. Also, soda helps to clean the rectum.
How to use it?
- To combat constipation, you just need to add a tablespoon of baking soda into a glass of hot water.
- Mix and quickly drink.
- Repeat the procedure in the mornings for 3 days.
Plums contain a substance called pectin. It acts like fiber, as it helps to remove excess fat and cholesterol. Frequent use of plums helps to eliminate bowel constipation.
How are they better off?
- Soak 3 plums in a glass of water overnight.
- In the morning, drink the resulting drink on an empty stomach.
- Repeat the procedure for 3 days.
To combat constipation, you can also eat raw vegetables . It should be noted that organic products give the best effect. They have a higher fiber content and accelerate metabolism.
- Often legumes do not help fight constipation. In particular: chickpeas, lentils or beans.
- It is recommended to eat at least 5 servings of fruits or vegetables a day.
- A handful of nuts a week will speed up the metabolism.
- Include in your diet products with lactobacilli.
- Do physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day.