As a rule, the knowledge of most people about their teeth comes down to the basic principles of caring for them: Brushing twice a day, preferably two or three minutes, there are not many candies and nuts, less sweet. For you, perhaps, this knowledge will be supplemented by scenarios of commercials. Do you remember the advertisement of one of the toothpastes, where with its help the eggshell became as strong as a stone? Well, how to forget this? For credibility, all that was needed was to smash the steel door of the safe with this egg.
In general, if your knowledge about teeth is limited to only a short text on the packaging of toothpaste and TV advertising, then we are ready to fix it. We will tell you about some interesting facts about the teeth.
- Teeth – this is the only part of the human body that does not have the property of regeneration. Unlike other tissues of our body, they do not regenerate by themselves. And, when dentists say that teeth should be treated with care, they are not just pouring a commercially beneficial flow of speech into their ears. Therefore, we recommend that you respect the uniqueness of your teeth and not neglect visits to the dentist.
- The state of the bite has a close relationship with the musculoskeletal system. If a patient has an overbite, then in almost 90% of cases this means that he has back problems, and in different parts of the spine: cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral, and so on. How is this related? The fact is that the human head has its own mass and center of gravity. When the center of gravity shifts, problems with posture begin, which is stabilized by the compensatory mechanism of the muscles and ligaments of the maxillofacial system, which leads to an increase in bite bite (the jaws are displaced relative to each other). Modern medicine offers several ways to level the bite. The most convenient and aesthetically acceptable option can be considered the use of transparent liner (caps).
- Since teeth have only one life, nature has endowed them with unique strength. The presence of calcium in a human tooth is so great that its strength is comparable with some types of steel. This allows the enamel to be resistant to external influences, food acids and remain whole throughout human life.
- Saliva plays the role of protector of tooth enamel. It contributes to the preservation of acid-base balance. Well, since during life about 500,000 liters of saliva forms in the oral cavity, our teeth are under reliable protection. By the way, with age, the amount of saliva secreted decreases, which makes teeth vulnerable in older people.
- Another interesting fact is related to caries. This dental disease has always existed, but the most widespread in the XIX century. This is due to a sharp reduction in the cost of sugar, which has become much more often used in the diet of people. This historical fact should remind you once again that eating a lot of sweet is harmful not only to the figure.
- Perhaps the profession of the dentist is much older than we think. At least, this is indicated by evidence from the excavations of dental prosthetics in ancient Egypt. Denture technology resembles today’s dental bridge, and they were made of precious metals. Also, the use of dentures took place in Europe before the birth of the Roman Empire.
- Braces were among the first to use the British soldiers. It was a metal construction that was put on the teeth, but not for the purpose of aligning them. Thus, the soldiers tried to protect their teeth from the blows of the enemy. Maybe it was worth giving the soldiers weapons so that they would not be beaten?
- The first case of the use of protective caps in sports is dated 1913. Then the English boxer Gershon Mendeloff for the first time in history came out to fight with a rubber plate in his mouth, which became the prototype of today’s cap. By the way, this method of protection of teeth is used not only in martial arts. American football, men’s lacrosse and hockey players wear caps. The latter, by the way, is the most dangerous sport for the teeth. According to statistics, 68% of professional hockey players have lost at least one tooth in their careers.
Today, caps are used not only to protect the teeth. If you have not heard anything about the aligners, you will find out now. Aligners is a transparent cap made of a polymeric material and intended for leveling dental bite. At the moment, the aligners are the best alternative to braces, technologically leaving the latter far behind.
If you think about the alignment of teeth, you no longer need to be afraid of metal brackets, whose vocation is to spoil any photo of their owner. Aligners are transparent and tightly fit the jaw, which makes them invisible when worn. And you will not have to prepare for a long and unpleasant period of habituation, as is the case with braces that cause great physiological discomfort. Wearing an Aligners , you will forget about it after a couple of hours. Additional convenience is provided by ease of use when putting on and removing the mouth guard. This is not a constant burden that needs to be borne around the clock. Aligners can be removed before eating or brushing your teeth.
Since the process of creating an aligner is responsible and high-tech, it is very important that the best specialists are involved in their creation. The experience of many of them confirmed that, in comparison with the main suppliers, working with Star Smile is the most reliable and easy. Eliminators “Star Smile” are presented in clinics in more than 70 cities of America. On the company’s website , you can choose a suitable clinic, where you will receive a free consultation with an orthodontist. He will conclude whether the aligners are able to solve your problem.
The treatment begins with diagnostic images, photographs and dental casts. These data are sent to the laboratory to simulate bite in 3D. The computer calculates the treatment process and shows the final result. You will immediately see what your smile will be at the end of the course of treatment. After the development of a 3D model, a set of individual aligners is created. They will need to be changed every two weeks. After the specified period, which is determined at the stage of modeling, you will receive a long-awaited beautiful smile.