Cough in children can last from 7 days to 3 weeks. Coughing is a natural reflex of our body. Thanks to him we manage to keep clean the throat and nasal sinuses.
As a rule, it occurs with such diseases as:
- Bacterial and viral infections
Left untreated cough can be complicated, causing various unpleasant symptoms, for example:
- Chest Pain
- Burning and dryness with throat
- Deterioration of general well-being
It is quite easy to relieve cough in children . The most important thing at the same time is to use for its treatment products with a pleasant taste that will not cause a negative reaction in the child.
If you want to effectively cure a child’s cough with natural remedies, pay attention to the recommendations presented below.
1. Honey – an effective remedy for coughing
Each of us had to hear more than once about the healing properties of bee honey. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, and is also a rich source of antioxidants.
Honey promotes the purification of our body and contains many useful minerals and vitamins.
All this makes honey bees a faithful ally of our health. Especially it concerns those cases when we are disturbed by a cough.
If you want to get rid of your child’s cough, try to cook it for him.
- 2 tablespoons of natural honey (20 ml).
- 1 cup of milk (200 ml.)
- Pour the milk into a small saucepan and heat it for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of natural honey.
- Allow the agent to brew for at least 10 minutes.
How to take it
- To get a quick result, you must take this mixture every night before bed. The course of treatment is 5 days.
2. Chicken broth
As a rule, children really like the taste of chicken broth. But on this, its advantages do not end: this broth is able to accelerate the recovery of the organism after the transferred diseases.
This is due to the high content in the chicken broth of minerals such as iron and zinc.
How to prepare the perfect chicken soup for treating a child’s cough ? Pay attention to this recipe:
- 2 chicken legs (400 g.)
- 1 onion (30 g.)
- 1 liter of water
- 2 tablespoons of salt (5 g.)
- 2 stalks of celery (200 g.)
- Dice the onions and celery. Put them in a large saucepan.
- Pour a liter of water and put the pan on a strong fire.
- Once the water boils, put the chicken legs.
- Continue to prepare the broth for 45 minutes (at least).
- Add salt.
- That’s all, chicken broth for coughing is ready.
How to drink it
- We recommend giving this broth to the child within the first 3 days after the appearance of the cough. Thanks to him, the baby will recover sooner, and you will be able to protect him from the development of complications.
3. Hot chocolate cure cough in children
Usually, when a disease occurs, we seek help with medications. But when the child becomes ill, it is not so easy to do it.
First, conventional medicines do not always bring the desired effect. Sometimes, despite their reception, the situation becomes even more complicated.
We assure you that nothing happens with chocolate. Perhaps you never heard of it, but chocolate can quickly relieve flu symptoms and soothe a strong cough.
- 200 g chocolate in powder (for making drinks)
- 2 cups milk (400 ml.)
- 3 tablespoons of sugar (50 g.)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (10 g)
- Pour into the pan the indicated amount of milk, add chocolate, sugar and cinnamon.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
- Put the pan on the fire and cook the hot chocolate for 10 minutes, at least.
How to drink it
- It is recommended to take hot chocolate 2-3 times a day. The course of cough treatment is 4 days.
4. Hot tub
A hot bath creates a lot of steam, which softens the airways. As a result, the throat and lungs are easier to clean from sputum.
Therefore, to cough, it is recommended to cook a hot bath at least twice a day.
5. Ginger tea
The motherland of ginger is the East. In these countries ginger root has long been used to treat many diseases. The effectiveness of ginger is due to its antihistamine properties and the ability to eliminate stagnant phenomena.
So, to cure a child, you can make him a ginger broth.
- 3 ginger roots (300 g)
- 2 cups water (400 ml.)
- 1 tablespoon honey (10 g.)
- 1 lemon (30 g.)
- Slice the ginger in circles and put them on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the specified amount of water. Heat it over low heat for 30 minutes.
- As soon as this time passes, turn off the fire and let the broth steep for 20 minutes, at least.
- Strain the ready-made drink and ours into a jug.
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Put a tablespoon of honey to make the broth more messy.
How to drink it
- It is recommended to give the baby a ginger decoction 4-5 times a day for at least 4 days.
6. Water and cough
Ordinary water is also able to relieve cough in children. Thanks to her throat remains moisturized. This means that for the cough treatment the child needs to drink 2 liters of water daily (8-9 glasses).
Using these natural remedies will help you completely cure the child of a cough and eliminate all the unpleasant feelings associated with it.
In the event that even after this cough persists, it is recommended to seek help from your doctor in order to select suitable medications.