The rhythm of life and work we have today forces us to live with a screen in front that can damage our eyes. In the majority of jobs that exist today, the employee has to spend long hours in front of a computer and, as if that were not enough, the moments of rest end up becoming moments that we spend watching social networks or watching series and films.
Continuously looking at screens, as you can assume, can cause serious vision problems and all kinds of headaches. To alleviate these discomforts in the eyes, from a HOW we want to help you with a series of eye exercises that will help you relax your eyes and avoid migraines and headaches. Let’s go there!
Exercises to relax the eyes
To alleviate the discomfort caused by the day to day with the screens and make the eye fatigue disappear, it is best to perform some daily exercises. Follow the advice that we indicate below:
- Look at the darkness: get comfortable with your arms resting on a flat surface. Close your eyes and put the palms of your hands over your eyes so they are completely dark. Breathe slowly and deeply until you feel relaxed for two minutes. Remove your hands little by little so that the light does not harm your eyes and you can get used to it
- Move your eyes to the sides: it is a kind of relaxing and very useful eye gymnastics. You just have to keep your head straight and look as far as you can with your eyes fixed. For 5 seconds, keep your eyes fixed on each of the four sides (up, down, left, right). Repeat it three times.
- Massage the eyes: use the fingertips gently and, with your eyes closed, massage the area under the eyebrows in circular motions. You can also massage the eyes by keeping them closed and frowning for 2-3 seconds. Open them and relax the muscles of the entire eye area. Repeat this exercise 10 times and you will soon notice its effects.
- Exercise to improve dry eyes: look straight ahead with a straight head and relax all the muscles of the face. Open and close your eyes about 20 times, always keeping your muscles relaxed and making smooth and effortless movements.
Eye exercises to improve eyesight
As we have commented, working and / or spending a lot of time in front of a screen causes damage to the eyes, which is why, in recent years, the number of people suffering from problems such as myopia, astigmatism and farsightedness has increased. To improve this situation, it is best to perform exercises that help you improve vision:
- Look away: if you are working, look away from the screen and focus on an object so that your eyes rest. Keep your eyes relaxed for 20 seconds before you start moving your eyes to one side and another and return to work.
- Give warmth to your eyes: rubbing your hands and putting the palm over the eyes, you can give them the necessary heat to relax. Do a little pressure, always gently so as not to hurt yourself?
- Adapt the distances: you can achieve this by looking for a few minutes all the objects you have around you. This exercise serves to improve the focus, since when we have our eyes fixed on a distance, looking at objects that are close makes the eye work and does not get used to a single image.
- Self-massage in the eye sockets: with this exercise, in addition to improving your vision, you will relieve any headache that may come from tired eyesight. With the ring fingers of each of your hands, press where the nasal septum begins, at each end of the eyebrows. Raise your fingers to your forehead while still pressing, always with your eyes closed. Then, repeat the same thing but instead of directing your fingers up, bring them below the eyes, as if you wanted to smooth your dark circles. With these exercises you will be able to relieve muscular tension and, when you return to work, you will feel much more relaxed.
Dry eye exercises
For the same reasons that we have mentioned, the screens also cause eye dryness and redness, which causes discomfort in the eyes and discomfort. Therefore, it is best to take precautions and prevent dry eyes. If it’s too late and eye dryness is already part of your day to day, you can resort to the following tricks:
- Blinks next: for 20-30 seconds, open and close your eyes very often so that the eyelid helps lubricate the eye. Related to this advice we find the issue of hydration, it is very important that you drink at least 2 liters of water a day and stay well hydrated.
- Turn your eyes: this exercise may sound strange to you, but the truth is that closing your eyes and turning them clockwise for a minute can be very helpful.
Other tips to improve your eye health
- Wear glasses: If you don’t need glasses to see from far or near, you should protect your eyes from the wind and the sun at all times, so to avoid risks, we recommend that you wear good sunglasses.
- Lubricate the eyes with artificial tears: to prevent dry eyes, burning and redness, artificial tears can become your best allies.
- Use filters: finally we suggest you use filters for your computer. Whether you wear glasses or not, there are lenses that reduce the blue light of the computer, one of the main culprits of eye pain.